The trust holds free healthy living information days for our members and those interested in our work, where:
- we provide health improvement advice;
- NELFT professionals give presentations on their services;
- you can become a member, hear from NELFT governors and learn about opportunities to get involved in other trust activities.
Next membership event
Our next members' healthy living event will take place in Thurrock in 2016 and we are looking for people with experience of stroke, either as patients oMonarers, to take part. In particular, we would like to hear from you if you are willing to talk to a group about your experience of this condition, how it affected you and the positive tips you'd like to share with people about managing the after effects of stroke.
You don't need to be an accomplished public speaker to take part. We are looking for ordinary people happy to share their experiences. Please contact the membership team via email@example.com or on 0300 555 1299
Latest membership event
- NELFT staff hosted a Vintage Tea Party at Tesco Extra in Romford - Wednesday 19 October 2016
- NELFT's social media week - Monday, 11 September 2017
- NELFT Annual General Meeting - Tuesday 26 September 2017
- NELFT’s Thames View 0-19 children’s health team hosted the third family fun day - 19 August 2016
Join us on Facebook
Be part of our membership community by joining our our Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/NELFTmembers/
At our latest Healthy Living Roadshow in Redbridge, more than 20 health information stalls from NELFT and the local voluntary sector provided free healthy living tips and advice.
Laura-Jane Hobbs, NELFT dietitian, spoke to the audience about the ways we can get the best nutritional support from the food we eat and help make it less likely for common diseases such as high blood pressure, obesity, heart disease, stroke and some cancers to develop.