COVID-19 Vaccination programme
The COVID-19 vaccination programme is now underway and at NELFT we are supporting programmes in north east London and mid and south Essex to provide vaccines for the most vulnerable in society.
Initially vaccines are being provided to the key priority groups as identified by the Joint Committee on Vaccination and Immunisation.
We are now vaccinating people in priority groups 1 to 4:
- Residents in a care home for older adults and their carers
- All those 80 years of age and over and frontline health and social care workers
- All those aged 75 years of age and older
- All those 70 years of age and over and clinical extremely vulnerable individuals
Keep up to date
For the most up to date information on the COVID-19 vaccination programmes NELFT are part of delivering visit:
- North east London: COVID-19 Vaccination programme | East London Health & Care Partnership (eastlondonhcp.nhs.uk)
- Mid and south Essex: Coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine | EPUT
Beware of scams
To protect yourself and your family members from fraud and criminals, remember the following points:
- The vaccine is only available on the NHS for free to people in priority groups, and the NHS will contact you when it is your turn.
- The NHS will never ask for payment or bank details to confirm or book your vaccine.
- Right now we are not making house calls to deliver or discuss the vaccine. Anyone offering this now is probably committing a crime.
You can help
Please remember that you have an important part to play:
- please don’t contact us to seek a vaccine, we will contact you;
- when we do contact you, please attend your booked appointments;
- and please continue to follow all the guidance to control the virus and save lives.
It is really important that you make sure you stay safe and follow guidance on washing hands, covering your face and keeping your distance from other people.