Dry January is the UK's one-month booze-free challenge that helps millions reset their relationship with alcohol every year.
Being alcohol-free for 31 days shows us that we don’t need alcohol to have fun, to relax, to socialise.
Put simply, Dry January can change lives.
Alcohol is linked with more than 60 health conditions, including liver disease, high blood pressure, depression and seven types of cancer. Cutting back on alcohol reduces your risk of developing these conditions.
In fact, alcohol is the biggest risk factor for death, ill-health and disability for people aged 15-49 in the UK.
Join the four million going dry this January:
- Reset your drinking
- Save money
- Have more energy
- Feel great
You can download TryDry, the Dry January app, to help track your time off drinking. And the best news? It's free.
Download the free app to help you meet your goals, whether you want to take on Dry January (or another dry challenge), cut down on your drinking, or go totally alcohol-free.
- Track your units, calories and money saved when you cut down or cut out alcohol
- Understand your drinking pattern and track your progress by using the 'My charts' feature to see how much money you spend, units you drink and calories you consume over a time period
- Use the health quiz to check up on your drinking
- Keep track of your current and best ever dry streaks
- Use the app for Dry January and beyond
Sign up for Dry January today, visit Alcohol Change UK to download the app and get involved!