At NELFT we are aware that many of our staff spend a great deal of time pulling together reports, time that would be better spent with patients. That's why in March last year the Perfect Ward app was used on 22 in-patient areas across NELFT. This app makes quality inspections easy and more efficient, reduces the need for report writing and means that inspection outcomes can be accessed immediately by senior staff.
Perfect Ward is simple to use and available on any smart device and gives our staff instant and easy to read data which allows them to spot ongoing issues and successes, and make the most out of quality and health inspections without the need for lengthy spreadsheets or handwritten notes.
This instant reporting and analysis will also provide consistent and clear reporting to NELFT Board which then allows triangulation of risk with other quality and safety intelligence indicators whilst highlighting which areas need support from the clinical effectiveness team. The inspection process will help to ensure we sustain and improve our CQC rating across all areas and to improve on the safety domain.
The Perfect Ward app:
- Allows Quality Support Visits to be done in real time, so that the results and reports can be viewed as the visit is completed.
- Permits prompter development of action plans.
- Allows photographic evidence to be taken of findings i.e. notice boards, reception areas, equipment etc.
- Stores all the reports according to the specific area, allowing comparison between previous visits.
- Highlights issues identified in past visits and allows the creation of charts and graphs to illustrate if there has been improvement compared to previous visits.
- Will standardise the quality of visits
Our plan is to now roll out the app across the remaining areas of the NELFT Trust. The app is suitable for use across community care in clinics as well as ward environments.