NELFT Innovation cave - Call for applications
Do you have a project that requires some funding to get started?
The Innovation Cave could help you!
NELFT recognises the importance of encouraging innovation and improvement across the organisation. The Innovation Cave is a means of financially supporting staff and services in seeking new ways to improve the services they provide and helps to put into practice ideas to benefit patients and deliver care more effectively.
How do you apply?
We are now accepting applications for bids all year round, however funding will be issued during 2 rounds throughout 2019 – in June & November. The first round for 2019 will close on 21st June 2019. You will therefore need to submit your application form to: QI@nelft.nhs.uk by 5pm on 21/06/19.
What do you need to know?
- You can apply for any amount from £100 - £10,000. However, please come and speak to us if you have an idea that exceeds this amount - we may be able to help you explore other funding opportunities!
- The focus of the Innovation Cave is on Innovation & improvement, as opposed to service gaps.
What support do you have?
- Please see our further guidance section on help submitting your bid on the NQIP microsite: https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/quality-improvement
- You are also welcome to come to one of our QI drop-in clinics if you have any questions or would like some guidance with your application:
Tuesday 14 May 2019, 10.00am – 12.00pm, CEME, Meeting Room 3
Thursday 30 May 2019, 10.00am – 12.00pm, CEME, main area
Tuesday 11 June 2019, 10.00am – 12.00pm, CEME, Meeting Room 3
Wednesday 19 June 2019, 10.00am – 12.00pm, CEME, main area
What happens next?
- There is a limited budget available, therefore bids will be assessed and funds awarded to those which appear to offer the greatest benefits to patients or staff.
- If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview to discuss your project.
- If you are successful you will be required to submit bi-monthly reports of project progress and to share the results of their project at future internal and external Quality Improvement events. All funds will have to be used by 31st March 2020.