Do you have a project that requires some funding to get started? The Innovation Cave could help you!
NELFT recognises the importance of encouraging innovation and improvement across the organisation. The Innovation Cave is a means of financially supporting staff and services in seeking new ways to improve the services they provide and helps to put into practice ideas to benefit patients and deliver care more effectively.
How do you apply?
We are now accepting applications throughout the year, with review and interviews being held 4 times a year in March, June, September and December. The next deadline for applications to be received is 18 September 2020.
Please submit your application form to: QI@nelft.nhs.uk.
What do you need to know?
- You can apply for any amount from £100 - £10,000. However, please come and speak to us if you have an idea that exceeds this amount - we may be able to help you explore other funding opportunities!
- The focus of the Innovation Cave is on Innovation & improvement, as opposed to service gaps.
Innovation Cave Flyer
Innovation Cave Application form
What support do you have?
- Please see our further guidance section on help submitting your bid on the NQIP microsite: https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/quality-improvement
- You are also welcome to come to one of our QI drop-in clinics if you have any questions or would like some guidance with your application:
What happens next?
- There is a limited budget available, therefore bids will be assessed and funds awarded to those which appear to offer the greatest benefits to patients or staff.
- If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview to discuss your project.
- If you are successful you will be required to submit bi-monthly reports of project progress and to share the results of their project at future internal and external Quality Improvement events. All funds will have to be used by 31st March 2020.
Innovation Cave Projects