Redbridge: Age 0-5
The Rebridge EWMHS is co-located with targeted childrens' service in Redbridge. The intergrated service offers support to children and young people from birth up to the age of 18 who are experiencing emotional, behavoiural and mental health difficulties. We work alongside our colleagues to offer support and interventions when needed.
Problems with eating and communicating
The Paediatric Speech and Language Therapy (SALT) service in Redbridge provides specialist assessment, differential diagnosis, treatment and management of communication and/or feeding difficulties for children and adolescents aged up to 16 years, or up to 19 years for those with Speech Therapy indicated in their Education Health Care Plan.
We work with parents/care givers, early year’s practitioners, mainstream school staff, special school staff, social care teams and other healthcare professionals to create a supportive environment for the development of speech, language communication and feeding skills.
As a team, we support children and young people who are displaying difficulties with:
- Attention and listening
- Social communication
- Receptive language (understanding)
- Expressive language
- Articulation and phonology (speech sounds)
- Fluency (stammering)
- Voice production
- Selective mutism
- Eating, drinking and swallowing
For more information please visit - https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/services-redbridge-child-adolescent-speech-language-therapy
The Redbridge community medical paediatric service is a sub-speciality service in paediatrics for children with complex neurodevelopmental disorders including genetic syndromes, epilepsy, neurodisabilities and learning disabilities.
The service provides:
- neuro-disability clinics and assessment of complex special educational needs (SEN)
- social and communication assessment clinic
- assessment and management of complex needs including visual, hearing, movement disorders, such as cerebral palsy, and other neuro-disabilities
- neurodevelopmental assessment of preterm babies
- special immunisation advisory clinic
- visual and hearing impairment multidisciplinary service
- multidisciplinary assessment of motor and movement disorders
- urgent medical assessments for children who may have been abused and initial health assessments of children taken into the care of the local authority
- advice on health concerns related to safeguarding, adoption and fostering
For more information please visit - https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/services-redbridge-community-medical-paediatrics.
Problems with walking and moving around
Occupational therapy service for children and young people
The children's occupational therapy service helps children with disabilities participate as fully as possible in their everyday activities. Occupational therapists focus on the abilities needed for school, play and selfcare skills such as: holding pencils, feeding themselves or using a scooter. The occupational therapy service provides assessment, advice and therapy to develop a child's daily life skills. The team support children with a range of conditions through assessment advice and therapy. They see children at school, home and in community settings.
For more information please visit - https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/services-redbridge-occupational-therapy-service-children-young-people
Sex, Relationships, drugs, alcohol, eating healthy and much more
NHS Go is a confidential health advice and information service for young people. Available for free on iOS and Android, NHS Go provides you with:
- Free, confidential advice.
- Instant access to find local services.
- Quizzes and guides around key health issues.
- Notification on topics and events relevant to you.
- Information about your rights under the NHS.
Visit https://nhsgo.uk/ to find out more