Relationship Therapy Service
The Relationship Therapy Service supports people whose lives have been affected by oral health concerns and are receiving treatment; this service extends to the partners of service users.
The types of difficulties that we support people with include:
- Improve conflict- & problem-solving in a relationship
- Work with issues of jealousy
- Improve communication within a relationship
- Improve self-confidence and relationship confidence
- Provide support for a stable family life
- Improve emotional wellbeing
- Improve stress management within a relationship
- Provide support for managing relationship intimacy concerns
In addition to supporting of Dental and Oral-maxillofacial Trauma serviceswe also offer training, psychology trainee placements, supervision and consultation to other healthcare professionals.
We offer this support via a broad range of therapeutic services including psychological therapy on an individual or couple basis
We use a variety of different evidence based approaches in our work including, Integrative therapy, Cognitive Behavioural therapy, Behavioural systems approaches to Relationship and Sexual Therapy, Behavioural Couples Therapy, Mindfulness, Compassion Focussed approaches and have an interest in other creative therapies such as Emotionally Focussed Therapy.
Where is the service based?
Dental Oral and Trauma (DOTS) Psychology Service
Royal London Dental Hospital