Child health information
Child health information records clinical and demographic information about children living and registered with GPs in Barking and Dagenham. The service is responsible for recording every aspect of a child’s health including birth details.
- NHS numbers
- health promotion checks
- standard test results (e.g. blood spot and haemoglobinopathies)
- information regarding children who have safeguarding issues or children in care.
The service works closely with health professionals and GP practices to:
- obtain a full and detailed record of each child’s immunisations and community health records
- notify GPs when immunisations or surveillance checks are due
- notify other child health departments of babies born in Barking and Dagenham who live outside of the area
- transfer children’s community health records who are moving into or out of the borough. Records are held until patients are 18 years old, or 21 years old for those with special needs.
- provide immunisation uptake, breastfeeding and new born blood spot data to public health.
Address: Child health information
Barking and Dagenham
Child and Family Centre
79 Axe Street
Contact: Telephone: 0208 522 9652 to 9659
Fax: 0208 522 9676
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 8.30am - 5pm