The walk-in centre, based at Barking Community Hospital, provides treatments for patients of all ages with a minor injury or minor illness.
Examples of conditions seen at the walk in centre include:
- lacerations and wounds, including wound closure with sutures
- joint and muscle injuries
- gastro intestinal problems including indigestion, constipation, diarrhoea and vomiting
- urinary problems, including urinary tract infections
- skin complaints, covering a range of dermatological conditions
- coughs, colds, respiratory infections, asthma and flu like symptoms
- minor infections, including Cellulitis
- emergency contraception
- ear nose and throat conditions such as otitis media tonsillitis
- minor procedures such as drainage of paranochia
- ophthalmic conditions
- review clinics for walk in centre patients that require one follow up from initial attendance
The walk-in centre has X-ray facilities. ‘Hot’ reporting on all X-rays is carried out within 24 hours of the patient’s attendance. However the walk-in centre does not provide X-rays for children aged five and under.
Contact our service in Barking and Dagenham, Havering, Redbridge and Waltham Forest
Barking Community Hospital
Tel: 0300 300 1720
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 7am - 10pm;
Weekends and bank holidays, 9am - 10pm;
Closed Christmas day
X-ray opening times: Monday to Sunday, 9am - 10pm
Offers treatment to all self-presenting patients with minor injuries or minor illnesses.