C-card scheme

Get the most up to date info on the c-card in the Thurrock area

Making free condoms accessible to under 25's. Register for the C-Card at your local Community Contraception Service or if you attend a school or college, you may be able to register there for a c-card. Then access free condoms at C-Card throughout Thurrock. Check the health services map to find details of your nearest C-Card Collection Point.

What is a c-card?

The C-Card (condom card) is a small card which will fit into your pocket, wallet or purse. Having a card means that you can get free condoms at various which are part of the scheme. Both young men and women can get a c-card but you must be under 25 years old.

How do I get a c-card?

To a get a C-Card you must first visit an Assessor who will explain the C-Card to you and also how and where to use it. To find out where to get a C-Card from check the health services map; Assessors are available at all Community Contraception Services.

Where can I use the C-Card?

You can use the C-Card in that are displaying the C-Card window sticker.
Across Thurrock you may also see logos from previous schemes, you can still use your C-Card at any of these sites as any area will accept any card.

The schemes operate in conjunction with each other, so if you have a Thurrock C-Card but want to access condoms in Basildon you will still be able to use your card and vice versa. However, in these instances please note that you may be offered different condoms from those listed on your C-Card.

How do I use the c-card at a collection point?

You will need to tick on the C-Card which type of condom you want and hand this to a member of staff at any collection point displaying the window sticker. You do not need to give your name or any other personal details to the person at the collection point. Your C-Card will be given back to you with the date of the visit marked on it. The service is confidential and the person at the collection point will not discuss your visit with anybody else. When the card is full you will need to go back to a C-Card Assessor to get a new C-Card. It would be good for you to go to the same person who gave you the card in the first place but you can go and see someone else if you prefer.