Access, assessment and brief intervention team
The access and assessment service is for adults aged 18 and over needing community mental health services in the London borough of Redbridge. We provide an initial mental health assessment.
Once assessed we may:
- refer or signpost to other mental health services or organisations
- signpost to other services (e.g. social services)
- provide brief intervention by the team for up to six months.
If needed, we can offer:
- full assessment of mental health and social care needs
- access to a psychiatrist talking therapies and other psychological help
- advice and information
- crisis intervention
- psychiatric medication review
- if appropriate self-guided support
- support with social problems
- recovery and wellbeing approaches.
We also provide a single telephone number for anyone enquiring about mental health services in Redbridge, urgent mental health assessment where needed and management of referrals to other specialist mental health services.
Our team is made up of psychiatrists, community mental health nurses, support time and recovery workers and occupational therapists.
Contact our service in Redbridge
4 Orchard Close
Reception: 0300 300 1570 (Mon-Fri - 9am-5pm)
How can I be referred?
We generally advise that you go to your GP as a first port of call to see if they can offer you support. If needed, they can refer you onto our service. We also accept referrals from various other sources including self-referral.
Once we receive a referral, we will make telephone contact with you within 6 weeks. If we are unable to get in touch, we send an opt-in letter which you will need to respond to if you need our service.
From our telephone conversation, we try to work out what support you would benefit from and if needed, offer you a face to face appointment at Mellmead House.
If your query is urgent, you can contact our duty team for advice and support.
We try to ensure that our approach is friendly. If you have any queries or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us.