Child health information
Child health information records clinical and demographic information about children living and registered with GPs in Redbridge.
The service is responsible for recording every aspect of a child’s health including, but not limited to:
- birth details, for example NHS numbers
- health promotion checks
- standard test results (blood spot and haemoglobinopathies)
- information regarding children who have safeguarding issues or children in care
The service works closely with health professionals and GP practices to:
- obtain a full and detailed record of each child’s immunisations and community health records
- notify GPs when immunisations or surveillance checks are due
- notify other child health departments of babies born in Redbridge who live outside of the area transfer children’s community health records who are moving into or out of the borough. Records are held until patients are 18 years old, or 21 years old for those with special needs.
- provide immunisation uptake, breastfeeding and new born blood spot data to public health.
Contact our service in Redbridge
Child health information Redbridge
1st Floor, Bernard House
52-54 Peregrine Road
Tel: 0208 822 3970
Fax: 020 8925 5007
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm;
Referrals cannot be made to this service.