SIngle Point of Reference (SPOR)
The Single Point of Referral (SPOR) service is joint Essex County Council and North East London NHS Foundation Trust initiative for residents of Basildon, Billericay, Brentwood and Wickford to:
- prevent unplanned emergency admissions
- reduce unnecessary admission to residential care
- provide intermediate care in the right place, at the right time, by the right team
- support carers.
The team includes:
- advanced nurse practitioners (independent prescribers)
- social workers
- health care assistants
- allied health professionals
- administration support.
What the team can do for you:
- provide a rapid health and social care assessment and treatment plan within 2 hours to prevent unnecessary admissions to hospital and long term residential care
- coordinate a patients pathway/package into intermediate care services
- to provide ongoing support to other primary care services to prevent further unplanned admissions to secondary/residential care.
Contact our service in Basildon and Brentwood
Single point of referral team
Brentwood community hospital
Tel: 01277 695550
Opening times: 9am - 7pm, Monday to Friday
Saturday - Sunday (am-5pm (Contact SPA on 0300 300 1715)
Referrals will be accepted via telephone on the number above.