Rapid response and assessment service (RRAS)
The rapid response and assessment service (RRAS) is a joint initiative between Thurrock Council and North East London NHS Foundation Trust for Thurrock residents aged 18 years and over. We provide rapid health and social care assessment for service users and carers who are in or approaching a crisis. The team includes advanced nurse practitioners (independent prescribers); social workers; health care assistants and administration support.
We aim to:
- reduce unnecessary admission to residential care
- reduce unnecessary admission to secondary care
- provide intermediate care in the right place, at the right time, by the right team
- support carers
What the team can do for you:
- provide a rapid health and social care assessment within 2 hours to prevent unnecessary admissions to hospital and long term residential care
- coordinate a service user pathway/package into intermediate care services
- provide ongoing support to other primary care services to prevent further unplanned admissions to secondary/residential care.
Contact our service in Thurrock
John Tallock Centre
Thurrock Community Hospital
Long Lane, Grays
Tel: 01375 511000 (Thurrock first)
Fax: 0300 300 1879
Please note this number is not a main line for John Tallack or Thurrock Hospital
Opening times: 9:00am - 7:00pm, Monday to Friday and 9:00am - 5:00pm Saturday/Sunday/Bank Holiday. There will also be a social worker on call 9:00am - 5:00pm at weekends and bank holidays.
Referral via telephone on: 01375 511000.
If you have been provided with a nebuliser compressor by NELFT, and you are experiencing a functional problem with this nebuliser e.g. it has become faulty, it requires servicing or you need to return the nebuliser, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 0300 300 1553.
If you are experiencing difficulties with how you should use the nebuliser that has been provided by NELFT, please contact Single Point of Access on 01277 695550