Sexual and reproductive health care
Please note that the NELFT sexual health services are now run by CIC, you can view information on sexual health via https://www.thurrocksexualhealthservice.org.uk/
Our community contraception services include services provided for the Thurrock locality previously known as family planning or young persons’ services.
Our team includes:
- a specialist consultant
- health improvement practitioners
- support staff
We provide a range of free, confidential services within health centres and clinics to address the reproductive and sexual health needs of local people. All our services are open to men and women of all ages.
Services we offer include:
- long acting reversible contraception (LARC) - coils, implant and injections
- oral contraceptives
- referral for termination of pregnancy
- C-card (free condoms)
- chlamydia screening
We deliver a specialist consultant clinic which addresses:
- complex LARC - insertion and removal
- complex contraception issues
- ultrasound scan required for LARC assessment
We also offer advice about:
- giving up smoking
- healthy eating
- alcohol and drugs
- emotional health support
- referral to your local Vitality health and wellbeing service
Contact our service in Thurrrock
Grays Health Centre
We also have clinic sites at Corringham Health Centre and Tilbury Health Centre.
Tel: 0300 300 1511
Opening times: Various times across Thurrock locality.
Patients can self-refer by making an appointment at a clinic.