722 young person substance misuse service
722 young people’s substance misuse service provides a free, friendly and confidential service that offers help and support to children and young people up to the age of 19 who live in Waltham Forest who misuse drugs and alcohol.
722 offers help and support to young people including:
- offering harm reduction information and advice
- relapse prevention
- meeting young people’s substance misuse treatment needs
- providing access to detox and rehab
- making appropriate referrals into specialist treatment
- prescribing services information
- advising on sexual health services.
Other services include:
- support for young people significantly affected by others
- substance misuse support for parents
- carers and families of young people who use drugs or alcohol surgeries
- seminars for groups of young people about drugs and alcohol issues
- working with young people in the youth offending service and criminal justice systems, providing one to one support
- providing training, groupwork and workshops for professionals and young people around basic drug awareness as well as risks and effects and harm reduction
Contact our service in Waltham Forest
722 Leytonstone High Road
Tel: 0300 555 1158
Fax: 0844 931 0166
Opening times: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
Referrals will eb accepted from GPs, school nurses, social services, teachers, specialist children's centres, parents and carers. Young people can also refer themselves to the service. Please refer to the For clincians page for more information.