Substance misuse services – CDAT
The community drug and alcohol team (CDAT) provides confidential drug and alcohol services for residents of Waltham Forest aged 18 and over. Our drug service is for people who are opiate dependent or dependant on other drugs with additional complex needs. Our alcohol service is for dependent drinkers or problem drinkers with complex needs. We work in partnership with other service providers across Waltham Forest to provide a wide range of care to those with substance misuse issues.
CDAT services include:
- specialist advice and information
- 1:1 key working and care planning
- a range of psycho-social interventions
- blood tests for HIV and Hepatitis
- Hepatitis B vaccination and referral to hepatology
- referral to inpatient detox
- community care assessments (for funding for residential rehabilitation)
- aftercare planning
- onward referral and access to a range of complementary services
- support to families and carers
- substitute prescribing
- GP shared care scheme
- needle exchange
- liver function testing
- community alcohol detox and relapse prevention prescribing.
CDAT has a multidisciplinary team including a consultant psychiatrist, speciality doctors, specialist substance misuse nurses and substance misuse workers.
Contact our service in Waltham Forest
Community drug and alcohol team
Thorpe Coombe Hospital
714 Forest Road
Tel: 0300 555 1241
Fax: 0844 493 0270
Opening times: Monday to Friday 9am-5pm (door closes at 4.30pm). Drop-in assessment: 9.30am—3.45pm daily (except Tuesday am). Late night clinic Tuesdays (appointment only).
Referrals will be accepted to this service by professionals in health, education and social care. Self referrals will also be accepted.