Lead persons for queries: Tina Lincoln – Vitality team leader
Tel: 01708 805084
(Please do not email patient identifiable information to these addresses)
Referrals will be accepted by fax, post or telephone from patients in Thurrock only. Fax the referral form direct to the service using the number above. Health checks are also available from your GP.
The health check is a free service and available to those who meet the following criteria:
- Aged 40-74
- Live or are GP registered in the Thurrock area
- Have no known existing high blood pressure
- Have no known diabetes
- Have not had a stroke
- Have no known kidney disease
- Have no known heart disease
- Not on any medication for blood pressure
- Not on any medication for cholesterol
- Not had a health check in the last 5 years
The health check takes about 20 minutes and you will be asked some simple questions about your family history and any medication you are taking. Height, weight and blood pressure will be recorded, and s simple blood test will be done to check your cholesterol. You may also be given advice on how to lower your risk and maintain a healthy lifestyle.