Vitality Stop Smoking Service
Please note that this service has now been decommissioned. Please refer to
Vitality are a free NHS service whose aim is to provide free advice, information and support to smokers in Thurrock who wish to quit smoking. The course offers a combination medication and behavioural support, reducing the motivation to smoke and increasing motivation to stop smoking. Smokers are up to four times more likely to quit smoking with support and we are focused on giving you every possible chance of success.
This free service is provided by professional stop smoking advisers within NELFT and our partner organisations, committed to helping smokers quit. Advisers have wide experience of helping people to quit smoking and understand the difficulties as well as the support required to be successful. Our stop smoking support is friendly, non-judgemental and informal.
Smokers can chose from a number of support options including:
- 1-1 support – Pharmacy
- 1-1 support – GP Practice
- 1-1 support – Specialist community clinic
Outline of treatment programme:
- Weekly sessions (minimum 5 sessions)
- Advice on how to manage cravings and withdrawal
- A choice of stop smoking medications, Nicotine Replacement Therapy (patch, gum, etc.), Champix or Zyban available on prescription
- Carbon monoxide measuring and recording
- Support tailored to your needs
We also offer training in brief intervention and stop smoking support for all local partners who would like to help their patients and clients to quit.