NELFT is an excellent place to work. We are a high performing trust, green with Monitor, CQC compliant and in a good position financially. Among our staff we have award winning teams and individuals who are evidence of the innovative way we deliver community and mental health services to an incredibly diverse population across north east London and Essex.
If you are interested in applying for a position at NELFT, we can offer you peer and management support, professional development and the chance to be part of a team that delivers high quality services to patients as well as the following range of excellent staff benefits:
- standard working week of 37.5 hours.
- competitive salaries which are supplemented by the outer high cost area supplement for working in London which attract an additional payment of 15% of the basic salary with a minimum of £3,448 to a maximum of £4,395. Some posts that are based in Essex also attract a higher cost area Supplement of 5%, with a minimum of £942 and maximum of £1,632 p.a. These amounts are pro-rated for part time staff.
- pay enhancements to reflect out of hours, shift and overtime working.
- holiday entitlement of 27 days per year, plus public holidays rising to 29 days after 5 years, then 33 days after 10 years’ service.
- career and pay progression based on an annual personal development review to support aspirations.
- childcare voucher scheme which reduces childcare costs.
- buy or sell annual leave entitlement, dependent upon certain conditions.
- cycle to work scheme.
- free life insurance (as part of the NHS pension scheme).
- fitness Centre discounts.
- range of family friendly initiatives such as adoption, maternity, paternity and flexible working policies allowing staff to balance work and home life.
- comprehensive induction programme where all new starters receive a local induction, e-Induction and mandatory training as well as attending a meet and greet event with senior trust managers.
- library- the health sciences library is available to all Trust staff. A range of services and resources are offered. The library's main stock consists of books and journals that support study, research and patient care.
- job share. All posts, wherever possible and subject to management approval, may be worked on a job share basis thereby providing an opening for job opportunities for people with other responsibilities or interests.
- salary sacrifice car scheme, an employee benefit which lets you drive away a brand new, fully-maintained and insured car for three years.
- learning, education and development - NELFT is committed to ensuring that staff have the right skills at the right time both to deliver services to patients today, and to develop skills for the future. The Trust offers a range of both internal and external funded courses to ensure professional development. Local learning arrangements such as job shadowing, acting up, secondments and project work are also available.