Did you know...
1 in 10 children suffer with mental health problem
According to a 2004 study by the ONS, 10% of children and young people (aged 5–16) in Great Britain had a clinically diagnosable mental health problem.
Mental Health is common among people
Approximately 1 in 4 people in the UK will experience a mental health problem each year.
Famous people and Mental health
- Demi Lovato (Eating Disorder and Depression) - The singer has never shield away from opening up about her problems and is determined to de-stigmatise mental illness by sharing her story.
- Justin Bieber (Depression) - Justin Bieber spoke about how fame had a negative effect on his mental health: When you can’t go anywhere or do anything alone you get depressed. I would not wish this upon anyone.”
- Kristen Stewart (Anxiety) “Between ages 15 and 20, it was really intense. I was constantly anxious”.
- Zayn Malik (Anxiety) Zayn Malik said: "I have been working over the last three months to overcome my extreme anxiety”.
- David Beckham (OCD) - David Beckham attempted to de-stigmatize Obsessive Compulsive Disorder by speaking out about how he deals with his condition.
- Prince Harry (Bereavement and Anxiety) - Prince Harry has disclosed that he sought counselling for bereavement and anxiety after the death of his mother.
- Ellie Goulding (Panic Attacks and Anxiety) “It was the weirdest time of my life." I think my body has become quite good at controlling anxiety."
- Kesha (Eating Disorder) - I put my career on hold and sought treatment. I had to learn to treat my body with respect.”
- Will Smith (ADHD) – Will once described himself as the “fun one who had trouble paying attention