NELFT Service Update
During the current coronavirus pandemic some of our services will not be operating as normal.
Current patients will be contacted by their service with details about their appointments.
Please use the details below if you have queries about our services in the following areas:
London Adult and Older Adult Mental Health Services
- Out of Hours 0300 555 1000 (Mental Health Direct Line)
London Adult Mental Health Teams – SPA numbers
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 555 1038
- Havering 0300 555 1092
- Redbridge 0300 300 1570 (option 1)
- Waltham Forest 0300 300 1570 option 4
London Older Adult Mental Health Teams – SPA numbers
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 555 1016
- Havering 0300 555 1135
- Redbridge 0208 708 7335
- Waltham Forest 0300 300 1570 option 4
London Community Services
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 300 1802 (Porters Avenue) B&D 0300 300 1761 (LTC, Porters Avenue) and 0300 300 1720 (Barking Community Hospital)
- Havering 0300 300 1253 (Havering SPA)
- Redbridge 0208 708 7333 (Community Health and Social Care)
- Waltham Forest 0300 300 1710 (WF SPA)
London Children’s Services
London Children’s Community Services
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 300 1960 (B&D New Births)
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 1813/1672 (B&D Duty Desk)
- Havering 01708 576 777 (Acorn Centre)
- Redbridge 0300 300 1629 (Hainault Health Centre)
- Waltham Forest 0300 300 1971 (WF SPA)
London Children’s Mental Health Services
- Barking & Dagenham CAMHS 0300 555 1751
- Havering CAMHS 0300 300 1888
- Redbridge Targeted Health Services 0300 555 1182
- Waltham Forest CAMHS 0300 555 1247
- 0300 300 1821 (Children’s Integrated Therapies)
Essex Adults Community Services
- 0300 300 1712 (Single Point of Access)
- 01375 390 044 (Thurrock Community Hospital)
- 01375 511 000 (Thurrock First)
Essex Children’s Community Services
- 0300 300 1555 (SPA)
Essex Children’s Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Services and Eating Disorder Services
- Out of Hours Mental Health 0300 555 1000 (Mental Health Direct Line)
- In Hours Mental Health 0300 300 1600 (Essex SPA)
Kent and Medway
Kent and Medway Children and Young Peoples Wellbeing and Mental Health Services and All-age Eating Disorder Service
- Kent and Medway Single Point of Access: 0800 011 3474
- Kent & Medway All-age Eating Disorders Service: 0300 300 1980
NELFT is delighted to announce that the Trust has been awarded SIRAN accreditation by the Royal College of Psychiatrists for our serious incidents processes.
The Islamic Holy Month of Ramadan begins this evening and continues until the evening of 12 May or 13 May. It will be followed by the celebration of Eid al-Fitr.
The NHS is seeking to engage with local people on plans to create a new Health and Wellbeing Hub on the former St George’s Hospital site in Havering. The consultation is an important part of the formal planning application process.
Visiting is welcomed in inpatient settings across NELFT and this also includes both outpatient, diagnostic and urgent care settings.
Artist Seren Metcalfe, who graduated from the Slade School of Fine Art last year, kindly donated one of her digital artworks to NELFT earlier this year. The artwork was originally displayed at the NHS Nightingale Hospital London and is now in situ at our Trust Headquarters for staff and visitors to enjoy.
A local NHS supporter has walked an incredible 1,000 miles in 80 days and raised over £2,000 as part of the Health Way Foundation Spring To Mind Challenge, which aims to raise funds to support local community and mental health services across NELFT.
The world celebrated International Women’s Day on Monday 8 March. This International Women's Day we wanted to take the opportunity to celebrate all the amazing women at NELFT and across the NHS, where women make up 78% of the workforce. This year's theme was #ChooseToChallenge, and both men and women were encouraged to show commitment to choose to challenge gender inequality in all its forms to help forge a more inclusive world.
Every year, the clinical audit department hosts our Annual Clinical Audit Awareness #CAAW20 which is a national annual campaign to promote and celebrate the benefits and impact of clinical audit and quality improvement work in healthcare. This year we are hosting our 6th Annual Clinical Audit Awareness Week which will be held between Monday 23rd – 27th of November 2020.
From Carol White, Integrated Care Director, Havering ICD
When I was asked by Harjit to write a blog for Black History Month, I was surprised as I wasn’t aware I was officially an ally. That said, I am very pleased to be an ally and will do what I can to understand the journey and experience some of my colleagues have.