NELFT Service Update
During the current coronavirus pandemic some of our services will not be operating as normal.
Current patients will be contacted by their service with details about their appointments.
Please use the details below if you have queries about our services in the following areas:
London Adult and Older Adult Mental Health Services
- Out of Hours 0300 555 1000 (Mental Health Direct Line)
London Adult Mental Health Teams – SPA numbers
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 555 1038
- Havering 0300 555 1092
- Redbridge 0300 300 1570 (option 1)
- Waltham Forest 0300 300 1570 option 4
London Older Adult Mental Health Teams – SPA numbers
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 555 1016
- Havering 0300 555 1135
- Redbridge 0208 708 7335
- Waltham Forest 0300 300 1570 option 4
London Community Services
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 300 1802 (Porters Avenue) B&D 0300 300 1761 (LTC, Porters Avenue) and 0300 300 1720 (Barking Community Hospital)
- Havering 0300 300 1253 (Havering SPA)
- Redbridge 0208 708 7333 (Community Health and Social Care)
- Waltham Forest 0300 300 1710 (WF SPA)
London Children’s Services
London Children’s Community Services
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 300 1960 (B&D New Births)
- Barking & Dagenham 0300 1813/1672 (B&D Duty Desk)
- Havering 01708 576 777 (Acorn Centre)
- Redbridge 0300 300 1629 (Hainault Health Centre)
- Waltham Forest 0300 300 1971 (WF SPA)
London Children’s Mental Health Services
- Barking & Dagenham CAMHS 0300 555 1751
- Havering CAMHS 0300 300 1888
- Redbridge Targeted Health Services 0300 300 1618
- Waltham Forest CAMHS 0300 555 1247
- 0300 300 1821 (Children’s Integrated Therapies)
Essex Adults Community Services
- 0300 300 1712 (Single Point of Access)
- 01375 390 044 (Thurrock Community Hospital)
- 01375 511 000 (Thurrock First)
Essex Children’s Community Services
- 0300 300 1555 (SPA)
Essex Children’s Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Services and Eating Disorder Services
- Out of Hours Mental Health 0300 555 1000 (Mental Health Direct Line)
- In Hours Mental Health 0300 300 1600 (Essex SPA)
Kent and Medway
Kent and Medway Children and Young Peoples Wellbeing and Mental Health Services and All-age Eating Disorder Service
- Kent and Medway Single Point of Access: 0800 011 3474
- Kent & Medway All-age Eating Disorders Service: 0300 300 1980
We regretfully announce that the NELFT AGM on Thursday 23 September 2021 has been deferred.
NELFT are pleased to announce the appointment of Julie Jaye Charles as our very first Board Advisor and Patient and Carer Advocacy & Co-production Lead.
Liz Fenton, RN, QN, Deputy Chief Nurse at Health Education England visits NELFT's Ethnic Minority Network
The Ethnic Minority Staff Network were honoured to host a virtual visit from Liz Fenton, RN, QN, Deputy Chief Nurse at Health Education England.
World Suicide Prevention Day is held on 10 September each year by the International Association for Suicide Prevention. Each year has a different theme and focus to bring to light a specific aspect of suicide prevention.
We are proud to announce that work-life balance charity, Working Families, has awarded our organisation a place on its prestigious and competitive list of the top family-friendly employers in the UK.
Art psychotherapist Katie O’Donoghue, who worked here at NELFT until last year, has had her own children’s book published. The book, The Little Squirrel Who Worried, was written and illustrated by Katie whilst she was working here at NELFT.
Recently, NELFT Knowledge & Library Service hosted an online Digital Literacy Week programme for student nurses. Content was based on the Royal College of Nursing’s digital skills framework and covered health literacy and how to mitigate misinformation and fake news online. We asked the students to write reflective blogs as part of the week. Here we present the two winners! We hope you enjoy reading their reflections.
Every year, the clinical audit department hosts our Annual Clinical Audit Awareness #CAAW20 which is a national annual campaign to promote and celebrate the benefits and impact of clinical audit and quality improvement work in healthcare. This year we are hosting our 6th Annual Clinical Audit Awareness Week which will be held between Monday 23rd – 27th of November 2020.
From Carol White, Integrated Care Director, Havering ICD
When I was asked by Harjit to write a blog for Black History Month, I was surprised as I wasn’t aware I was officially an ally. That said, I am very pleased to be an ally and will do what I can to understand the journey and experience some of my colleagues have.