NQIP support and resources
We are thrilled to inform you that we are partially resuming some of our training programmes and clinics in full compliance with government regulations to ensure everyone’s safety.
Please be advised that our team is going through a recovery and restoration phase and therefore some of our training sessions and other services are still postponed indefinitely.
If you would like to get in touch with the QI team, or register your interest in being involved in one of our quality improvement programmes, please contact us at email@example.com.
Do you have a project that requires some funding to get started? The Innovation Cave could help you!
NELFT recognises the importance of encouraging innovation and improvement across the organisation. The Innovation Cave is a means of financially supporting staff and services in seeking new ways to improve the services they provide and helps to put into practice ideas to benefit patients and deliver care more effectively.
How do you apply?
We are now accepting applications throughout the year, with review and interviews being held 4 times a year in March, June, September and December. The next deadline for applications to be received is 30 November 2020.
Please submit your application form to: QI@nelft.nhs.uk.
What do you need to know?
- You can apply for any amount from £100 - £10,000. However, please come and speak to us if you have an idea that exceeds this amount - we may be able to help you explore other funding opportunities!
- The focus of the Innovation Cave is on Innovation & improvement, as opposed to service gaps.
Innovation Cave Flyer
Innovation Cave Application form
What support do you have?
- Please see our further guidance section on help submitting your bid on the NQIP microsite: https://www.nelft.nhs.uk/quality-improvement
- You are also welcome to come to one of our QI drop-in clinics if you have any questions or would like some guidance with your application:
What happens next?
- There is a limited budget available, therefore bids will be assessed and funds awarded to those which appear to offer the greatest benefits to patients or staff.
- If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview to discuss your project.
- If you are successful you will be required to submit bi-monthly reports of project progress and to share the results of their project at future internal and external Quality Improvement events. All funds will have to be used by 31st March 2020.
Innovation Cave Projects
LIFE QI Platform
Used by over 600 organisations in 28 countries, Life QI is helping organisations and individuals improve health and social care in communities around the world.
Life QI is more than just a project management system, it is a space for the QI community to learn, share and work together. You can create groups to work together on projects and programmes, start discussions on local issues with colleagues or the big challenges and involve anyone in the QI community.
https://help.lifeqisystem.com/ (Help Centre with guides to support you with your project)
BMJ Open Quality
A variety of resources to support you getting started, such as user guides, welcome documents and posters are available on the BMJ Resource centre. Please feel free to download, host and share these with colleagues.
Training – You have a dedicated training manager who runs regular and customised online training sessions. Register for a webinar today. To discuss your requirements please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any access problems or questions please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
Write-up your quality improvement projects using BMJ Quality and publish them in BMJ Quality Improvement Reports. Our platform guides you through each step of the SQUIRE framework, helping you create high quality reports with excellent publication prospects
Access is free once you register with BMJ quality https://quality.bmj.com/