NELFT Quality Improvement support and resources
Do you have a project or an innovative idea that requires some funding to get started?
The Innovation Cave could help you!
NELFT recognises the importance of encouraging innovation and improvement across the organisation. The Innovation Cave is a means of financially supporting staff and services in seeking new ways to improve the services they provide and helps to put into practice ideas to benefit patients and deliver care more effectively.
How do you apply?
We are now accepting applications! Download the application form and please submit your application form to: QI@nelft.nhs.uk.
Innovation Cave Application form:
What do you need to know?
- You can apply for any amount from £500 - £10,000. However, please come and speak to us, if you have an idea that exceeds this amount - we may be able to help you explore other funding opportunities!
- The focus of the Innovation Cave is on innovation and improvement, as opposed to service gaps.
- Interviews are held for those projects that meet the requirements and this date will be advised in advance to enable you to hold it in your diary.
What support do you have?
- Please see our further guidance section on help submitting your bid: Innovation Cave Guidance Notes
- You are also welcome to come to attend our QI drop-in clinics if you have any questions or would like some guidance with your application:
What happens next?
- There is a limited budget available, therefore bids will be assessed, and funds awarded to those which appear to offer the greatest benefits to patients or staff.
- If your application is shortlisted, you will be invited to an interview to discuss your project. If successful, you will be required to attend a NELFT QI Foundation Day if you have not already attended.
- If you are successful, you will be required to submit monthly reports of project progress and to share the results of the project at future internal and external Quality Improvement events. All funds must be used by 31 March of each financial year that the money is awarded, although the project does not have to be completed within this time.
Innovation Cave Flyer
Check out our Innovation Cave Flyer: Innovation Cave
Innovation Cave Projects
Used by over 600 organisations in 28 countries, Life QI is helping organisations and individuals improve health and social care in communities around the world.
Life QI is more than just a project management system, it is a space for the QI community to learn, share and work together. You can create groups to work together on projects and programmes, start discussions on local issues with colleagues or the big challenges and involve anyone in the QI community.
Help Centre with guides to support you with your project: https://help.lifeqisystem.com/ .
BMJ Open Quality
A variety of resources to support you getting started, such as user guides, welcome documents and posters are available on the BMJ Resource centre. Please feel free to download, host and share these with colleagues.
Training – You have a dedicated training manager who runs regular and customised online training sessions. Register for a webinar today. To discuss your requirements please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any access problems or questions please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com .
Write-up your quality improvement projects using BMJ Quality and publish them in BMJ Quality Improvement Reports. Our platform guides you through each step of the SQUIRE framework, helping you create high quality reports with excellent publication prospects.
Access is free once you register with BMJ quality https://quality.bmj.com/.
Clinical Audit and NICE support and resources
E-cass Clinical Audits database and registration system
Access to the Clinical Audit Proposal Form: http://e-cass/ClinicalAuditProposalForm/ClinicalAuditProposalForm .
Clinical Audit Support Centre (CASC)
A private company providing support and training for quality improvement professionals in healthcare: http://www.clinicalauditsupport.com/ .
General Dental Council (GDC)
Access the dental revalidation here: http://www.gdc-uk.org/Pages/default.aspx .
Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP)
Manages the National Clinical Audit and Patients Outcomes Programme (NCAPOP) and has the responsibility for reinvigorating local Clinical Audit in England and Wales. Has also set up the National Clinical Audit Forum for healthcare professionals: http://www.hqip.org.uk/ .
Healthcare Quality Improvement Partnership (HQIP) e-Learning
HQIP's online or eLearning area – free to use education packages on subjects related to clinical audit and to healthcare quality improvement in general: http://www.rcpch.ac.uk/training-examinations/education/clinical-audit-e-learning.
National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE)
NICE provides audit tools, audit for its own guidance, including definitions, relevant exceptions, and suggestions for sources of data: https://www.nice.org.uk/ .
Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
Revalidation for nurses and midwives: http://revalidation.nmc.org.uk/.
Being Prepared for a CQC Inspection
Access the document here: 5. Being Prepared for a CQC Inspection July 2021.pdf [pdf] 122KB