Redbridge: Age 0-5
The Health Visiting service
The Health Visiting Service provides a public health service to children, young people and their families with a focus on early intervention and prevention, as well as promoting physical and social wellbeing.
Health visitors work closely with other health services to ensure that children's health needs are met, and work with other non-health services to ensure that each and every child and young person lives in a safe environment.
Children’s Centres in Redbridge
Children’s Centres are reopening fully after July 19th 2021, subject to lifting of Covid-19 restrictions and Government advice.
Social distancing can be limiting and it’s difficult to find new ways to keep busy and support young children with their development and emotional wellbeing. To help you find a range of activities you could get involved with from home, we have developed virtual services.
- Coffee and chat
- Tip sheets and links to online information and ideas for children’s development and early learning throughout lockdown
- General advice
A timetable of weekly live sessions by local children centre’s via Zoom can be found on their website.
The Redbridge EYCIT team have created some useful guides on activities that you can do with your children at home, while helping children to continue to learn and develop.
Copies of these guides can be downloaded from https://find.redbridge.gov.uk/kb5/redbridge/fsd/advice.page?id=5aPuG19t1O4
Parent and Toddler Groups in Redbridge
In this directory, you can find parent and child groups within the local borough which are suited to your needs.
NSPCC Baby Parenting Tips
From getting babies to sleep, to managing stress, looking after a new baby can be a challenging time. This webpage has tips and advice to help you through the early years.
Advice and information on all aspects of Early Years development
Visit the website for exciting videos to help you sing nursery rhymes and songs with your baby. There is also advice on reading, health and development of your child and the importance of play and school readiness.
NCT Meet Local Parents – Redbridge
NCT offer the chance to meet parents in your local area.
- Coffee Mornings: All welcome! Coffee mornings are relaxed meet-ups for parents, open to everyone from bumps to babies and toddlers (mums, dads, grannies and other carers all welcome!). No need to forewarn us you're coming, just drop in and say hello!
- Tuesdays: 10.30-12noon.
- Venue: The George, 159 High Street, E11 2RL.
- South Woodford:
- Wednesdays: 12.30-2.30pm
- Venue: Slug and Lettuce, 184 George Lane, South Woodford, E18 1AY.
- Link: https://www.nct.org.uk/local-activities-meet-ups/region-london/redbridge-and-district/meet-local-parents-redbridge
Early Years Alliance Family Corner
Information on communicating, behaviour and learning through play.