A group of smiling kids in the park

Havering: Age 5-11

The integrated service offers support to children and young people from birth up to the age of 18 who are experiencing emotional, behavioural and mental health difficulties. We work alongside our colleagues to offer support and interventions when needed.

Help for parents

Family Mediation Services

T: 0300 4000 636
W: www.nfm.org.uk

NSPCC (Letting The Future In)
Therapeutic Support for Sexual Abuse age 4-17

T: 08088 005 000
E: help@nspcc.org.uk

Mental Health Support

W: www.rethink.org

Havering Psychological Services
Adult Psychological Support

T: 0300 555 1082

Our Pact
Parental Control for Social Media, Devices, Internet and Texting Access

W: http://ourpact.com/


  • Emotional Support
  • Safeguarding
  • Reporting
  • Parental Support
  • Family Support

W: www.childline.org.uk

Taking care of your young family

Havering Children’s Centres (More Than One site )

  • Parental Support for 0-5 years
  • Groups for parents and children
  • Activities
  • Social Events


  • Ingrebourne Children’s Centre: 01708434786
  • St. Kilda Children’s Centre: 01708431523

Feeling anxious or depressed

Havering Psychological Services
Adult Psychological Support

T: 0300 555 1082

IAPT (Improving Access To Psychological therapies)

T: 0300 555 1042



  • Emotional Support
  • Emergency helpline
  • Suicide prevention

116 123


Problems at home or with my family

​​​​​​Family MOSAIC (Peabody)

  • Family Support
  • Advocacy
  • Advice
  • Housing Support



Family therapy


Struggling with Eating

EDS: The eating disorder service

Our eating disorder service (EDS) offers specialist assessment and treatment to people aged eight and above (adults, adolescents and children). The service works with individuals and their families to support them in their recovery.

Services provided by the eating disorders service include:

  • psychological treatments delivered on an individual basis, to families and in groups;
  • dietetic input and nutritional support;
  • medical and nursing assessment and intervention


CAMHS consultant:  Dr Salma Suri
Adult EDS consultants: Dr Maria Papanastassiou, Dr Teresa Borrell
Lead person for queries: Rory Harnett - team manager
Email: nem-tr.eatingdisorder@nhs.net

The Orchards Health Centre,
Gascoigne Road,
IG11 7RS

Tel: 0300 555 1216
Fax: 0300 300 1940
Email: nem-tr.eatingdisorder@nhs.net
(Please ensure patient identifiable information is password protected)

Satellite site (if you are unable to get to Barking)

30 Coleridge Rd 
E17 6QU

BEAT charity


I'm worried I'm putting on too much weight/not losing weight

What is Anorexia Nervosa?

Anorexia Nervosa is a disorder that causes people to become preoccupied with controlling their weight and shape, and consequently they engage in behaviours that result in severe weight loss. The disorder is  powered by the fear of gaining weight coupled with a relentless pursuit of thinness. People with Anorexia Nervosa are severely underweight. Overall, body shape and weight concerns dominate the individual’s thoughts and the way in which they see themselves; it also affects the way they feel.

The strategies used for weight control vary from individual to individual. Restriction of food intake is the most common strategy used. Other strategies include over-exercising, self-induced vomiting and laxative misuse.

Bulimia Nervosa

Bulimia Nervosa is similar to Anorexia Nervosa in the way that those suffering from Bulimia Nervosa share the same distorted thoughts concerning body shape and weight.

People suffering with Bulimia Nervosa binge regularly on large amounts of food and then compensate for the food they have eaten. Individuals with Bulimia Nervosa use extreme compensation methods such as self-induced vomiting, laxatives, diuretics and over-exercising to try and prevent weight gain. As a result, life is a constant battle between the desire to lose weight and the overwhelming
compulsion to binge.

I find myself binge eating

Binge Eating Disorder (BED) is also characterised by bingeing. Individuals with BED consume large amounts of food whilst feeling out of control and powerless to stop. Individuals with BED tend to eat food even when they are not hungry and continue
eating long after they are full. They may also eat as fast as they can, while barely registering what they are consuming or tasting.

People with Binge Eating Disorder may struggle with feelings of guilt, disgust and depression.

I need to see a specialist


ADHD Support

T: 01277 211300
W: www.snapcharity.org

ADHD Support

T: 01708 454 040
W: www.addup.co.uk

Tourette’s Action
Support for Tourette’s

T: 0300 777 8427


Positive Parents

T: 07858406933
W: www.positiveparentshavering.org.uk

First Step Counselling
Group of parents /carers who all have a child or young person aged (0-19)

T: 01708 556 355
W: www.firststep.org.uk/

Living with ADHD
Website with resources for teenagers, teachers and parents.

W: http://livingwithadhd.co.uk/

A guide to ADHD for Parents and Family

W: www.adhdandyou.ca/parents.html


Myplace (Harold Hill)
Youth and community Centre for  educational, health, cultural and social activities.

T: 01708 376004
E: myplace@havering.gov.uk

R.O.Y.A.Ls (Rainham)
Youth Club
Opening times: Tuesday 6.30pm to 8.30pm ages 11 to 18years.

T: 01708 450 609

Youth Services at the Good Shepard Church
Mental Health friendly church

Christian Counselling

Wellbeing Groups and Workshops

T: 01708 745626
E: admin@thegoodshepherd.co.uk

Robert Beard Youth Centre (Hornchurch)
Youth Club

Opening time: Wednesday 7pm to 9pm - 11-18 years. Additional needs youth club. Thursday 7pm to 9pm 17 to 24years

01708 450 609

Swim and Gym (Hornchurch)
Health and wellbeing project for young people with additional needs.

Hornchurch Sports Centre 12-24 years.
Opening times: 11am to 1pm

T: 01708 450 609

Performance Art Life Skills
Performance and Art Workshops to enhance wellbeing, improve self-confidence and communication.

T: 0800 086 2656
E: enquiries@performanceartlifeskills.co.uk

Brentwood Catholic Children’s Society
Emotional Support, Bereavement Support and Counselling

T: 01268784544

Asylum Aid
Free advice and assistant to refugees and asylum seekers.

W: https://www.asylumaid.org.uk/

Refugee Council
Advice and support for asylum seekers and refugees


UKCOSA (Council for International Education)
Provides independent advice for students from overseas on issues such as immigration, fees and welfare benefits.

W: www.ukcisa.org.uk/

Support for travellers

Traveller Education Outreach Officer: Valerie Smith

E: val.smith@havering.gov.uk
T: 01708 433 813
W: www.natt.org.uk

Relationships, drugs, alcohol, eating healthy and much more

NHS Go is a confidential health advice and information service for young people. Available for free on iOS and Android, NHS Go provides you with:

  • Free, confidential advice.
  • Instant access to find local services.
  • Quizzes and guides around key health issues.
  • Notification on topics and events relevant to you.
  • Information about your rights under the NHS.

Visit https://nhsgo.uk/ to find out more

Need to see one of our CAMHS workers?

You can now self-refer by completing one of our referral forms here