Two children sitting and smiling at their mother.

Redbridge: Age 5-11

For parents: NSPCC

Recognising the signs that a child may be struggling with their mental health can be really hard. The website has advice to help you support children who may be experiencing depression, anxiety, suicidal feelings or self-harm. 

If you're worried about a child, even if you're unsure, contact our professional counsellors for help, advice and support.

Number: 0808 800 5000 (24/7)



Family Lives

Family Lives is a national family support charity providing help and support in all aspects of family life, including difficulties in relationships, divorce/separation, bullying, legal/financial issues, stepfamilies etc. In addition to providing a 24/7 helpline, there are also online parenting courses available for parents who wish to learn techniques and gain support in managing challenging behaviour. There is also forum available for parents to share experiences and gain support from other families.



The Youth Wellbeing Directory

This is a website managed by The Anna Freud Centre to help anyone up to the age of 25 find mental health and emotional wellbeing advice and support more easily.



Young Minds

YoungMinds is a charity that aims to improve the emotional wellbeing and mental health of children and young people. The website provides education, information and resources related to mental health specialised for children and young people as well as for their families.

YoungMinds offer free telephone support, including information and advice, to any adult worried about the emotional problems, behaviour or mental health of a child or young person.


YoungMinds Crisis Messenger: Text YM to 85258



This is a helpline service that is provides emotional supports for various issues and can also search their database of trusted organisations across the UK for sources of further specialist help. They also provide an enhanced service for parents worried about psychological health and wellbeing.


Number: 0808 808 4994 (Open from 11am - 11pm every day)



Childline is a counselling service for children and young people. The helpline is 24-hour and free.

Telephone: 0800 1111



Samaritans offer a safe place for you to talk any time you like, in your own way – about whatever’s getting to you. It is free and anonymous.

Call: 116 123



Ditch The Label

Ditch The Label help young people navigate through issues related to bullying, such as improving mental health, body image, coming out and building confidence and self-esteem.




A charity that offers advice and resources for young people experiencing or affected by mental health problems, including videos, apps and hosting conferences. Stem4 is a teenage mental health charity aimed at improving teenage mental health by stemming commonly occurring mental health issues at an early stage.



Coping Through Football

This project runs specific sessions for young people aged 12-17 years in Fairlop playing field for individuals from Redbridge. The session takes place on Mondays at 4-5:30pm, and are free. However, you will need a healthcare professional to complete a referral for you. If you do not have a healthcare professional, you can contact the coordinator to discuss your situation.

For more details, contact Through Football Project Coordinator, Sonia Smith:

Tel: 07538 101450


Essex Boys and Girls Clubs - Wanstead Youth Club

  • Essex Boys and Girls Clubs are working on a fully funded project and looking to expand youth provisions in Redbridge, offering new opportunities to young people in an all-inclusive environment. This new provision is for open for all 10-25 year olds, with an emphasis upon catering for young people with disabilities.
  • An inclusive youth work curriculum will be in place, incorporating alternative activities such as music and drama with the promotion of a healthy lifestyle through sport and recreation.
  • Entry cost: £1 per person

Contact Callum Alexander

Telephone: 01245 264783



Address: 144 Elmcroft Avenue, London, E11 2DB

Need to see one of our CAMHS workers?

You can now self-refer by completing one of our referral forms here