How to get in touch and refer
Need help in a mental health crisis or emergency – COVID 19 response
I am not a Children and Young People Mental Health Services (CYPMHS) patient
If you live in Kent or Medway, you have worries about your mental health and you are not currently under the care and treatment of one of our mental health services,
- Kent - 0300 123 4496 (Option 1, then Option 3) and you will be put through to our Single Point of Access (SPA) team in Kent.
- Medway – 0300 300 1981 to be put through to the Medway Young Persons' Wellbeing Service.
The Single Point of Access team will be able to provide you with support and advice and will assist you to reach the right help on 0300 1234 496.
Do try not to call 111 or 999 at this time for your Mental Health concerns.
Do call 111 or 999 as advised on the NHS websites regarding Covid-19
I am already a CYPMHS patient
If you are currently receiving support from the trust then please contact your local office for further treatment related information
- Medway - 0300 300 1989
- NLDS - 0300 300 1622
- Maidstone - 0300 300 1990
- Tonbridge - 0300 300 1992
- SPA: - 0300 123 4496
- Dartford - 0300 300 1986
- Ashford - 0300 300 1982
- Thanet - 0300 300 1983
- Swale - 0300 300 1991
- Canterbury - 0300 300 1984
- South Kent - 0300 300 1988
- AAED - 0300 300 1980
If you cannot remember the name of your team contact Single Point of Access on 0300 1234 496 option 1 and someone will be able to help with your enquiry.
NHS 111 online
help and support available online https://111.nhs.uk/
Mental Health Matters
Call 0800 107 0160 for 24hr phone support from compassionate helpline staff, trained in counselling skills. This service is provided by Mental Health Matters and you can visit their website for more information. Visit https://www.mhm.org.uk/
A 24 hour helpline has been set up to support vulnerable people in Kent who need urgent help, supplies or medication.
Release the Pressure – 24 hour mental health crisis support
Text "Kent" to 85258 for 24hr mental health crisis support via text from trained volunteers. This service is provided by SHOUT and you can visit their website https://www.giveusashout.org/
Kooth: online counselling for 10-16yr olds - www.kooth.com
Childline: Over the phone and online support with a counsellor - https://www.childline.org.uk/get-support/1-2-1-counsellor-chat/
BeYouProject: Over the phone and online support for 8-25 year olds from the LGBT+ community and parents and carers - https://thebeyouproject.co.uk
- Parent’s helpline with expert advice - call 0808 802 5544
- Young Minds Crisis Messenger, for free 24/7 support across the UK if you are experiencing a mental health crisis - text YM to 85258 (all texts are answered by trained volunteers, with support from experienced clinical supervisors)
The Calm Zone: Call the CALM helpline 0800 58 58 58 or get expert advice via the webchat - https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/get-help/