North London ICB - PCN Quality Improvement Facilitator Training
NELFT Quality Improvement Services have spent the last 11 months supporting a Primary Care Network within the North East London Integrated Care Board undertake a variety of quality improvement projects, through our bespoke Quality Improvement Facilitator Training.
The training was a quality improvement collaborative between primary care networks within the Barking, Havering and Redbridge, and Waltham Forest areas. A total of 10 quality improvement projects were completed addressing a variety of problems, from childhood vaccination uptake to increasing the use of social prescribers and many more.
Find out more about all of these projects in the project posters below:
- 100% improvement in providing support for newly diagnosed cancer by 31st March 2023.pdf [pdf] 280KB
- Continuity of Care.pdf [pdf] 201KB
- Increase referrals to the Community Pharmacist Consultation Service (CPCS) .pdf [pdf] 264KB
- Increase Referrals to the E4 Primary Care Network Social Prescribing Service.pdf [pdf] 233KB
- Increase the number of NHS Health Check Assessments.pdf [pdf] 202KB
- Increasing Social Prescriber Referrals.pdf [pdf] 238KB
- Joy at Work.pdf [pdf] 212KB
- Learning disability annual reviews.pdf [pdf] 225KB
- Reducing the number of patients taking dependency forming medication for over 3 years.pdf [pdf] 247KB
- To Increase the Uptake of Childhood Vaccinations in Leyton Healthcare by 20%.pdf [pdf] 446KB
On Tuesday 25th April 2023 the North East London ICB, with the support of NELFT QIS ran a celebratory graduation day where all graduates presented their projects in short 5 minute presentations and had the opportunity to ask questions and share learning throughout the cohort. Simon Clarke (Head of Primary Care) from the North East London ICB kindly came along to present certificates.
Two of the graduates were kind enough to create a short film around their experiences:
- View Caroline Paul speak about how the training changed her view on quality improvement and encourage others to learn more about the process:
- View Gina Heller speak about her project on Learning disability annual reviews (poster available above):
Photos from the day: