Diabetes service- Waltham Forest adult community health service
The diabetes service, now part of the Waltham Forest adult community health service, provides support for healthcare professionals and people over the age of 17 living with type one and type two diabetes.
The service provides:
- evidence-based specialist assessments
- care planning
- clinical management advice to patients and carers
- structured and specialist self management education courses for patients, families and carers
- training for healthcare professionals to update their knowledge and skills
- opportunity to act as a consultative service for all healthcare professionals caring for patients with diabetes
- clinics for ‘pump’ patients
The team also co-ordinates specialist support services such as nutrition, foot care and signposts to retinal screening for house bound patients and patients with learning difficulties.
Contact our service in Waltham Forest
Jane Atkinson Health and Wellbeing Centre (Thorpe Coombe Hospital site)
714 Forest Road
Tel: 0300 300 1710
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am– 5pm (excluding bank holidays)
Referrals will be accepted via GP or other healthcare professional.
For referrals to our adult community health services, click on the form to the right of this page.