Equality and Diversity Resources
Culture and ethnicity
Good healthcare for all: What can I expect from the NHS? [pdf] 6MB (A guide for people with learning disabilities, family carers and anyone who supports a person with learning disabiliites)
Ramadan is the Islamic month of fasting, during which time Muslims do not eat or drink during daylight hours. Ramadan is the ninth month of the Islamic calendar. Ramadan begins on a particular day which may be different each year, and ends approximately 30 days later. In order to support NELFT staff during this period, have a look at the Ramadan packs which have been developed, and give details of how this may impact upon the services we provide and issues that staff need to be aware of.
- Ramadan pack for community services [pdf] 258KB (for NELFT staff and service users/patients)
- Ramadan pack for inpatient services [pdf] 261KB (for NELFT staff and service users/patients)
- Ramadan health fact sheet [pdf] 716KB
- Ramadan health guide (a guide to healthy fasting) [pdf] 2MB
- Guidance on healthy fasting for Ramadan (a nurse's guide) [pdf] 77KB
- Ramadan health and spirituality guide [pdf] 2MB (provides information and advice on maximising health gain during fasting)
- The working Muslim during Ramadan [pdf] 2MB A useful guide for managers and staff by Saiyyidan Zaii-Stone
- The month of Ramadan involves many complex issues. If you have any further questions, contact the local Mosque/Islamic group, or the NELFT Chaplaincy Service on: 0300 555 1201 ext. 65740 or 65741
Health with pride
This website has been developed as part of our efforts to better serve our LGBT+ service users and staff.
- Health – Gender Identity Research & Education Society (gires.org.uk)
- Homepage | GIDS
- LGBT Foundation
- NELFT LGBT+ Strategy
- Health inequalities experienced by Lesbian, Bisexual and Trans women
- A-Guide-to-Lesbian-Bisexual-and-Trans-Womens-Health.pdf [pdf] 5MB
- Hidden Figures - The Impact of the Covid-19 Pandemic on LGBT Communities.pd.pdf [pdf] 2MB
- RCPCH Supporting LGBTQ+ children and young people - principle statement.pdf [pdf] 612KB
- Delivering same sex accommodation sep 2019 [pdf] 412KB
We are currently reviewing our resources list and we will be updating this section shortly.
Improvement & Development Agency
Domestic Violence information for Health Professionals
Equality Act 2010: Guidance
Equality Act 2010 Guidance for Employers, workers, Service providers and Service users
Human rights and public law
Human rights and public law (1 Crown Office Row)
Migrant health guide
Migrant health guide (The guide covers a wide variety of health issues that affect migrant patients including infectious diseases. Over 100 countries have been profiled in this Guide).