Equality, diversity and inclusion
NELFT NHS Foundation Trust has set out our long-standing commitment to ensuring our services and employment practices are fair, accessible, and appropriate for the diverse community we serve and the workforce we employ. Equality and diversity is enshrined in our ‘vision and values’ which can be found here.
Equality, diversity and inclusion is important to us
- We want to make it easy for people to access our services
- We want to recruit and retain our staff from all diverse communities
- We want to our staff and those who use our services to be valued and respected as individuals
- We want to ensure that everyone is treated fairly and honestly.
NELFT NHS Foundation Trust is Disability Confident Committed
The Trust has signed up to be a Disability Confident Committed employer and we have committed to the following:
- Ensure our recruitment process is inclusive and accessible
- Communicate and promote vacancies
- Offer an interview to disabled people
- Anticipate and provide reasonable adjustments as required
- Support any existing employee who acquires a disability or long-term health conditions, enabling them to stay in work
- At least one activity that will make a difference for disabled people
There are currently three levels of the Disability Confident Commitment, of which NELFT has achieved Level 1.
NELFT disability staff network is able to offer advice or support for those with a disability applying for posts in NELFT. For staff currently working in NELFT who may seek advice, support or want to engage or be part of the Disability Staff Network in NELFT, contact the team via email on email@example.com
You can also contact the equality and diversity team via telephone on: 0300 555 1201 ext: 65076 or 55993 or 64231.
We shall publish the action plan for the Disability Confident Commitment in due course, and give you an update on what actions have been achieved.