Armed Forces Covenant
NELFT is proud to have signed the Armed Forces Covenant and is committed to supporting the Armed Forces community.
The Covenant serves as a promise to those who serve or have served and their families that they will be treated fairly and will be welcomed as patients and/or employees at NELFT.
We recognise the value that serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families can bring to our organisation. We believe their unique and valuable skills are transferable to healthcare and can contribute to NELFT’s success. We are delighted to have been awarded the Ministry of Defence Employer Recognition Scheme Gold Award.
As a Gold Award holder, we offer:
- 10 extra paid days leave for Reservists and Cadet Force Adult Volunteers to attend their annual training
- Supportive HR policies in place for Veterans, Reserves, Cadet Force Adult Volunteers and Spouses and Partners of those serving in the Armed Forces.
- Guaranteed Interview Scheme for members of the Armed Forces Community
- Armed Forces Staff Network
- Advocacy and help to other organisations to sign the Armed Forces Covenant and to engage in the Employer Recognition Scheme.
- Insight events and celebrations
- Work placements as part of our partnership with the Carers Transition Partnership (CTP)
More information about the Armed Forces routes into NELFT on our careers website here: NELFT Careers.