Get involved and make a difference
Do you have recent experience of using NELFT services as a patient or carer? Are you interested in working alongside us to improve services? If so we would love you to become an involvement representative.
Patient and carer involvement in NELFT
NELFT provides a wide range of community health and mental health services in London and Essex, for both children and adults.
We firmly believe that people who use our services and those that support them have a key role in helping us improve the services we currently provide and in helping shape the design and delivery of future services.
Our Involvement Representatives are at the heart of this and at NELFT we offer paid work to Involvement Representatives in areas such as:
- being part of interview panels involving NELFT staff recruitment (Interview training given to all Involvement Representatives undertaking this work)
- participating in meetings to represent patient and carers voice, for example Task & Finish Groups / Service Meetings / workshops / project meetings
- monitoring the quality of services within NELFT services
- consultation involvement for Trust policies as part of reading panels
We also actively encourage our Involvement Representatives to take part in local and strategic patient carer groups:
- IPCEP (Integrated Patient & Carer Experience Partnership) group – these are based in Barking & Dagenham, Essex, Waltham Forest, Kent, Redbridge & Havering.
- SPCEP (Strategic Patient &Carer Experience Partnership) group which oversees the IPCEP Groups and reports into the NELFT Board.
If you are interested in applying, please click here. If you would like more information please contact the patient experience team on 0300 555 1201 ext 64228 / 64382 / 64229 or email firstname.lastname@example.org