Make a Difference
Make A Difference Annual Awards
The Make a Difference Award is a monthly award that recognises a member of staff who has gone above and beyond what is ordinarily expected of them to deliver great care for our patients. If your nomination is successful, your nominated professional or team will be receive a Make a Difference badge and certificate and they will also be put forward to be part of NELFT's annual awards event.
Anyone can nominate a member of staff. So, if there is someone who made a difference to the care you or a loved one received, let us know! Even being nominated can mean so much to our staff.
Guidance on completing the nomination form
Please ensure you complete all the required information for this nomination. All the information you supply will be useful to the judges to help them select the best winner for the annual Make a Difference awards next year.
It is important to select the most appropriate category for your nomination, there are nine separate nomination forms, so please select the category you wish to use.
You will then need to complete three questions, please ensure you supply as much information as possible to ensure that the person you are nominating has a good chance to be selected for a Make a Difference winner in the annual awards ceremony. You need to add examples of why you have nominated them.
This is the criteria the judges will look at when selecting the overall winners for each year will be consistent approach and delivery of the Trust values in relation to the category the person was nominated in. The judges will also expect to see examples of how the person has delivered against the chosen category.
- People first – consistently puts people first. Could be staff, patients or partners
- Prioritising quality – quality is at the centre of the nomination. Quality improvement is demonstrated.
- Progressive, innovative and continually improving – nominee has looked at ways to improve service/work, shared learning and developed new ideas.
- Professional and honest – acts with integrity, demonstrates professional conduct
- Promoting what is possible – has considered ways of ensuring people using service are supported to get the best from the service.
Make a nomination
Make a Difference monthly process
Once you have completed the nomination form at the end of this page, it will be processed by our team and nominees will be informed and receive their certificates and badges by post.