School nursing teams
Our School Nursing teams are made up of Administrators, Support workers, Community Staff Nurses and Specialist Community Public Health Nurses. We are split across 3 teams within the borough to help children and young people make the best possible start in life.
The School Nursing team work with children and families from aged 5 up to 19 years. The team work from health centre’s within the borough and work in partnership with their allocated schools. They work to provide a link between school, home and the community, with the main aim of improving health and wellbeing. We also have a specialist nurse (EOTAS Nurse) supporting Children and Young People who do not attend an education setting, or attend alternative education provisions.
The school nursing service worked in partnership with children, young people and their families to ensure that children's health needs are supported within their school and their community. The teams provide support to schools, families and children, including those with disabilities and complex emotional needs, on a wide range of topics.
- Support on health lifestyles
- Stopping smoking and obesity
- Social education and citizenship
- Carrying out development screening
- Supporting / signposting children with medical needs such as asthma, diabetes, epilepsy to appropriate services
- Early intervention for children and young people requiring emotional support
Contact your school nurse via the Duty Desk for any support you may require:
Tel: 0300 300 1813