Tissue viability is a specialist service that cares for patients with skin, soft tissue and surgical wounds. The service assesses, treats, and supports patients in the community with wounds that are non or slow in healing or are deteriorating.
- wounds that have not responded to appropriate treatment after four weeks
- vasculitic ulcers
- palliative management for fungating wounds and skin cancers
- palliative management for ischaemic ulcers
- all grade 3 and 4 pressure ulcers
- dehisced wounds
- skin grafts
- surgical traumas
- diabetic foot ulcers
- when compression bandaging or hosiery cannot be tolerated by the patient
- unknown aetiology
- when topical negative pressure management is requested. For example, KCI VAC, Huntleigh Assist, Smith and Nephew Renasys
This service works with a waiting list based on prioritisation of needs.
Contact our service in Barking and Dagenham
Chadwell Heath Health Centre
Tel: 0300 300 1630
Fax: 0203 644 2513
Service operates: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Written referrals only. Please refer to the For clinicians page for more information.