The diabetes service provides support for healthcare professionals and people over the age of 17 living with type one and type two diabetes.
The service provides:
- evidence-based specialist assessments
- care planning
- clinical management advice to patients and carers
- structured and specialist self management education courses for patients, families and carers
- training for healthcare professionals to update their knowledge and skills
- consultation for all healthcare professionals caring for patients with diabetes
- clinics for ‘pump’ patients
The team also co-ordinates specialist support services such as nutrition and foot care and signposts to retinal screening for house bound patients and patients with learning difficulties.
Contact our service in Barking and Dagenham:
Dabetes service (adults)
Porters Avenue health centre
234 Porters Avenue
Tel: 0300 300 1761
Fax: 0208 522 9882
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am– 5pm (excluding bank holidays)
Referrals are directed via choose and book. Referrals will be accepted by faxing or posting the referral form direct to the service.
Waiting lists are based on prioritisation of need