Consultant perinatal psychiatrist: Dr Neha Rawat (Redbridge and Barking)
Consultant perinatal psychiatrist: Dr Montserrat Fusté (Dagenham and Havering)
Consultant perinatal psychiatrist: Dr Anupama Yadava (Waltham Forest)
Lead person for queries: Michelle Hayes - Service Manager
Deputy manager: Deborah Epstein - Redbridge and Waltham Forest
Deputy manager: Saroja Vanstraelen - Barking and Dagenham and havering
(Please ensure patient identifiable information is password protected)
Referrals will be accepted from any professional - most of our referrals come from social workers, GPs, health visitors, midwives, other mental health services, obstetricians, other perinatal services. Self-referrals will also be accepted. The service accepts antenatal referral directly.
Criteria: The Perinatal Parent Infant Mental Health Service offers treatment and specialist advice for clients who experience current or have had previous moderate to severe mental health difficulties under the following criteria:
- Preconception counselling for those wishing to conceive
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment throughout pregnancy up until their child’s first birthday
- Psychotherapy for those who are pregnant
- Parent-Infant psychotherapy for those in the post-natal period with their baby, up until the babies’ third birthday if there are bonding and attachment issues.
- Please refer all women with a previous diagnosis of psychotic disorder, bipolar affective disorder or previous / suspected post-partum psychosis.
Exclusions: Substance misuse problems in the absence of mental health problems.
Test results required at referral: None