Community paediatricians work in the community and see children with neurodevelopmental conditions.
The doctors provide:
- neuro disability clinics
- social and communication assessment clinics
- assessment and management of complex needs
- neurodevelopmental assessment of preterm babies
- urgent medical assessments for children who may have been abused and initial health assessments of children taken into the care of the local authority
- advice on health concerns relating to safeguarding, adoption and fostering.
- Behaviour concerns in 5 -11year olds where neurodevelopment conditions such as Social Communication difficulties / Autistic Spectrum Disorder is strongly suspected.
Basildon, Brentwood and Thurrock operate a Children’s Single Point of Access for referrals
Tel: 0300 300 1555
Franklins Way Surgery
1 Franklins Way
We have three Child Development Centres:
Brentwood Community Hospital
Great Oaks Clinic
John Tallack House
Thurrock Community Hospital