COVID-19 Pandemic update
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic our services are running an adapted service so that we can support the critical and essential functions on the NHS. Please refer to the letters embedded at the right hand side of this page for further information on how this might affect you:
Community paediatricians work in the community and see children with neurodevelopmental conditions.
The doctors provide:
- neuro disability clinics
- social and communication assessment clinics
- assessment and management of complex needs
- neurodevelopmental assessment of preterm babies
- urgent medical assessments for children who may have been abused and initial health assessments of children taken into the care of the local authority
- advice on health concerns relating to safeguarding, adoption and fostering.
- behaviour concerns in 5 -11 year olds where neurodevelopment conditions such as Social Communication difficulties / Autistic Spectrum Disorder is strongly suspected.
CSPA – Children’s Single Point of Access takes referrals for Community Paediatric Service, Paediatric Speech and Language, Paediatric Occupational Therapy and Paediatric Physiotherapy.
Tel: 0300 300 1555
We have three Child Development Centres:
Brentwood Community Hospital
Great Oaks Clinic
Thurrock Community Hospital