Child health information
Child health information records clinical and demographic information about children living and registered with GPs in Havering. The service is responsible for recording every aspect of a child’s health including birth details.
- NHS numbers
- health promotion
- standard test results (blood spot and haemoglobinopathies)
- information regarding children who have safeguarding issues or children in care.
The service works closely with health professionals and GP practices to:
- obtain a full and detailed record of each child’s immunisations and community health records
- notify GPs when immunisations or surveillance checks are due
- notify other child health departments of babies born in Havering who live outside of the area
- transfer children’s community health records who are moving into or out of the borough. Records are held until patients are 18 years old, or 21 years old for those with special needs.
- provide immunisation uptake, breastfeeding and new born blood spot data to public health.
Contact our service in Havering
Child health information Havering
1st Floor, Bernard House
52-54 Peregrine Road
Tel: 0208 822 3960 to 3969
Fax: 020 8925 5007
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 8.30am-5pm,
Referrals cannot be made to this service.