Community paediatricians work in the community and see children with neurodevelopmental conditions.
The doctors provide:
- neuro disability clinics
- social and communication assessment clinics
- assessment and management of complex needs including visual, hearing and movement disorders such as cerebral palsy and other neurodisabilities
- neurodevelopmental assessment of preterm babies
- visual and hearing impairment multi disciplinary service
- multidisciplinary assessment of motor and movement disorders
- urgent medical assessments for children who may have been abused and initial health assessments of children taken into the care of the local authority
- advice on health concerns relating to safeguarding, adoption and fostering.
Contact our service in Havering
The Acorn Centre
306 London Road
Tel: 01708 576777
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am-5pm
Please email - nem-tr.ReferralsAcornCentre@nhs.net. Referrals will also be accepted from health partners, education, social services and the voluntary sector via a single referral system. Please refer to the For clinicians page for more information.