The diabetes service provides support for healthcare professionals and people over the age of 18 living with type one and type two diabetes.
The service provides:
- evidence-based specialist assessments
- care planning
- clinical management advice to patients and carers
- structured and specialist self management education courses for patients, families and carers
- training for healthcare professionals to update their knowledge and skills
- act as a consultative service for all healthcare professionals caring for patients with diabetes
- clinics for ‘pump’ patients
The team also co-ordinates specialist support services such as nutrition, foot care and signposts to retinal screening for house bound patients and patients with learning difficulties.
Contact our service in Havering
Harold Hill Health Centre
Elm Park Clinic
252 Abbs Cross Lane
Tel: 0300 300 1861
Opening Hours: Monday to Friday 9am 5pm
Referrals are accepted via your GP.