The tissue viability service is a specialist, nurse led service that supports the care of people with complex, non-healing wounds. Patients whose wounds are expected to heal, but has failed to respond following four weeks of an appropriate treatment plan, can be referred into the service.
These wounds include:
- venous leg ulcers
- pressure ulcers
- leg ulcers of unknown aetiology
- fungating wounds and skin cancers
- category III and IV pressure ulcers
- surgical wounds that have failed to heal in a timely fashion
- diabetic foot ulcers (this care is planned jointly with podiatrists)
- and when advanced wound therapies are recommended, for example, larvae or negative wound pressure.
Contact our tissue viability service in Havering
Harold Hill Health Centre
Tel: 01708 576132
Fax: 01708 576 161
Opening times: 9am – 5pm, Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.
Referral through single point of access (SPA). Please refer to the For clinicians page for more information.