The Redbridge podiatry department, now part of Waltham Forest Adult Community Services, provides a service to high-risk patients who have a clinical need for treatment.
The service primarily treats those with long term conditions such as inflammatory arthritis, peripheral vascular disease, and diabetes.
All podiatrists within the department are trained to BSc (Hons) podiatry level or equivalent and are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
The Podiatry Department provides the following services:
- Management of acute diabetic foot ulceration including the use of MolecuLight technology and Toe Pressures at our clinic based at King George Hospital
- Foot protection Team treating diabetic foot ulcers at Hainault Health Centre, Loxford Polyclinic and South Woodford Health Centre
- Biomechanics and gait analysis at Wanstead Place Clinic
- Minor surgery for painful or ingrowing toenails at Hainault Health Centre
- General podiatry care for those deemed at risk due to their medical condition
All referrals are triaged for eligibility to the service.
Following an in-depth assessment, the podiatrist works with the patient to put together an individualised care plan to support their recovery.
Treatment is provided in the community or hospital setting. Where the patient is deemed totally housebound, a home visit may be arranged.
Health & Care Videos
Looking after your diabetic foot ulcer: watch here
Looking after high risk foot: watch here
Looking after moderate risk foot: watch here
Looking after low risk foot: watch here
Contact our service in Redbridge
Our clinics are based at the following sites:
Hainault Health Centre
Newbury Park Health Centre
Perrymans Farm Road
Acute diabetic foot ulcers only:
King George Hospital
Outpatients – area 4
417 Ilford Lane
Seven Kings Health Centre
1 Salisbury Road
South Woodford Health Centre
114 High Road
Wanstead Place Clinic
35 Wanstead Place
Contact our service:
- Email: PodiatryRBWF@nelft.nhs.uk
- Tel: 0300 300 1722
Referrals are only accepted by healthcare professionals, using the agreed referral template to the right-hand side of the page and emailing this direct to PodiatryRBWF@nelft.nhs.uk.