Podiatry service- Waltham Forest adult community health service
The Waltham Forest Podiatry department, now part of Waltham Forest Adult Community Services, provides a service to high-risk patients who have a clinical need for treatment.
The service primarily treats those with long term conditions such as inflammatory arthritis, peripheral vascular disease, and diabetes.
All podiatrists within the department are trained to BSc(Hons) podiatry level or equivalent and are registered with the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC).
The Podiatry department provides the following services:
- Management of acute diabetic foot ulceration, including the use of MolecuLight at our clinic based at Whipps Cross Hospital.
- Foot Protection Team treating diabetic foot ulcers at Chingford Health Centre & Langthorne Health Centre
- Biomechanics & gait analysis at Chingford Health Centre
- Minor surgery for painful or ingrowing toenails at Chingford Health Centre
- General podiatry care for those deemed at risk due to their medical condition
All referrals are triaged for eligibility to the service
Following an in-depth assessment, the podiatrist works with the patient to put together an individualised care plan to support their recovery.
Treatment is provided in the community or hospital setting. Where the patient is deemed totally housebound, a home visit may be arranged.
Health & Care Videos
Looking after your diabetic foot ulcer: watch here
Looking after high risk foot: watch here
Looking after moderate risk foot: watch here
Looking after low risk foot: watch here
Contact our service in Waltham Forest
Our clinics are based at the following sites:
Allum Medical Practice
Chingford Health Centre
109 York Road
Comely Bank Health Centre
46 Ravenswood Road,
Langthorne Health Centre,
13 Langthorne Road
Acute diabetic foot ulcers only
Gillian Hanson Diabetic Centre
Whipps Cross Hospital,
Whipps Cross Road,
Contact our service:
By email: email@example.com
or by phone: 0300 300 1722
Referrals are only accepted by healthcare professionals, using the agreed referral template to the right-hand side of the page and emailing this direct to firstname.lastname@example.org