Tissue viability- Waltham Forest adult community health service
Tissue viability, now part of the Waltham Forest adult community health service, is a specialist service that cares for patients with skin, soft tissue and surgical wounds. The service assesses, treats, and supports patients in the community with wounds that are non, or slow, in healing or deteriorating.
The service provides:
- assessment and diagnostic investigations
- leg ulcer care with various forms of compression therapy
- health promotion to service users
- regular monitoring of healed leg ulcer patients wearing compression hosiery
- assessment and management of dermatological conditions for patients attending clinics
- training and advice both to service users and to other professionals and students.
This service works with a waiting list based on prioritisation of needs.
Contact our service in Waltham Forest
Hurst Road Health Centre
36a Hurst Road
Tel: 0300 300 1710
Fax: 0208 430 8640
Opening times: Monday to Friday, 9am – 5pm (excluding bank holidays)
Referrals will be accepted by faxing or posting the referral form direct to the service. This can be found to the right of this page