Specialist services for children with disabilities
The specialist health visiting for disabled children offers children up to 19 years old, and their families, consultation on all aspects of disability.
• specialist advice on diagnosed and undiagnosed conditions
• observation and assessment
• early support / one planning for Educational Health Care Plans
• intervention from our team of nursery nurses
• coordination of service provision, for example, multi-professional meetings
• information on education, social care, benefits and related issues
• Provision of Specialist Developmental Groups
• Continence Assessments
Specialist school health advisor for the disabled child provides specialist advice and support to carers, families and staff in the new model special schools. These schools are part of an evolving plan for the social inclusion of children and young people with the most severe and complex special educational needs. We also provide specialist training, advice and support to other professionals involved in the child’s care within the education setting.
This service is part of an integrated specialist community children’s nursing service comprising of community children’s nurses, specialist health visitors and specialist school nurses, epilepsy nurse specialist, sickle cell and thalassemia nurse specialist and the paediatric diabetes nursing team.
Contact our service in Basildon, Brentwood, Thurrock, Billericay and Wickford
Mayflower Community Hospital
Blunts Wall Road
Essex CM12 9SA
Tel: 0300 300 1521 option 3
Fax: 0300 300 1521
Opening times: 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday
Please refer to the For healthcare professionals page.