Volunteering at NELFT is currently undergoing changes, although we still have many opportunities available. These include ward support, admin roles, and befriending.
For more information about volunteering at the trust or to apply for any of the roles below, Please contact the voluntary services officer, Lyn Beaman on 0300 555 1201 ext 64233 or email@example.com
- Administrative Support Volunteer, 2 – 3 days per week, 4 hours per day, minimum commitment of 6 months. Location: District Nurse Team, various Health Centre’s in Barking & Dagenham. Tasks may include preparing patient notes, photocopying, filing and archiving. Please download the role description here
Clinical and Administrative Support Volunteer: 4 hours per week, minimum commitment 6 months, location: Barking walk-in centre. Tasks include meeting and greeting patients & maintenance of infection control logs and patient information leaflets. Please download role description here
Coping Through Football Volunteer: week days between 2pm and 4pm, minimum commitment of 6 months. Location: Redbridge and Waltham Forest venues. Tasks may include Helping set up football coaching sessions, talking and listening to participants, welcoming new attendees, helping to promote the project. Please download the role description here Coping Through Football [docx] 52KB
- General building support role, flexible hours and days, minimum of three months.Location: Long term conditions centre, Harold Wood. Tasks may include gardening, updating noticeboards and general building maintenance.
For more information, please download the role description here
- Meet and Greet Volunteer: 2 + volunteers required for 4 hour shifts either AM or PM throughout week, days flexible, minimum commitment 6 months, location: Community Health & Social Care, Aldborough Road, Seven Kings. Tasks include meeting and greeting visitors, signing for post, general reception duties. Please download role description here: Meet & Greet volunteer [docx] 51KB
- Stop Smoking Support Volunteer: Days and hours subject to agreement, minimum commitment 6 months, location: King Georges Hospital. Collecting referrals from wards, Ensuring marketing material is visible throughout hospital, Engaging with patients, staff and visitors who may wish to quit smoking. Please download role description here: Stop Smoking Support Volunteer [docx] 52KB
- Ward support role, flexible hours and days, minimum three month commitment. Locations: Thurrock Community Hospital, Mayflower Community Hospital, Brentwood Community Hospital. Chatting to patients, supporting patients to engage in activities, offering telephone support to patients on discharge. For more information, please download the role description here