Volunteering at NELFT is currently undergoing changes, although we still have many opportunities available. These include ward support, admin roles, and befriending.
For more information about volunteering at the trust or to apply for any of the roles below, Please contact the voluntary services officer, Lyn Beaman on 0300 555 1201 ext 55802 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Activity Support Volunteers: Hours and days flexible, minimum commitment 6 months, location: Sunflower Court, Goodmayes Hospital. Tasks in clude the organisation and co-facilitation of group activities for patients such as bingo, board games, quizzes etc. Please download role description here: Volunteer activity support role Stage ward and Cook ward [docx] 53KB
Admin Volunteer: 2 to three days per week up to 40 hours per day, minimum commitment 6 months, location: Havering Talking Therapies, Petersfield Centre, Harold Hill. Tasks include the reception cover and general admin. Please download role description here: Havering Talking Therapies admin volunteer role description [docx] 51KB
Admin / Meet and Greet volunteer(s): Barking & Dagenham Talking Therapies Team require volunteer support Mondays to Thursdays from 5pm to 8pm at their clinic based at Church Elm Health Centre, Dagenham; Tasks include Greeting patients and supporting therapists with basic admin duties. Please download role description here B&D Talking Therapies Admin Volunteer [docx] 51KB
Clinical and Administrative Support Volunteer: 4 hours per week, minimum commitment 6 months, location: Barking walk-in centre. Tasks include meeting and greeting patients & maintenance of infection control logs and patient information leaflets. Please download role description here
Coping Through Football Volunteer: week days between 2pm and 4pm, minimum commitment of 6 months. Location: Redbridge and Waltham Forest venues. Tasks may include Helping set up football coaching sessions, talking and listening to participants, welcoming new attendees, helping to promote the project. Please download the role description here Coping Through Football [docx] 52KB
- General building support role, flexible hours and days, minimum of three months.Location: Long term conditions centre, Harold Wood. Tasks may include gardening, updating noticeboards and general building maintenance.
For more information, please download the role description here
- Healthy Families service volunteer: Hours and days flexible, minimum commitment 6 months, location: Thurrock. Tasks include Infant feeding support, health promotion group work and admin support. Please download role description here Healthy Families service volunteer job description [docx] 53KB
- Meet and Greet Volunteer: 2 + volunteers required for 4 hour shifts either AM or PM throughout week, days flexible, minimum commitment 6 months, location: Community Health & Social Care, Aldborough Road, Seven Kings. Tasks include meeting and greeting visitors, signing for post, general reception duties. Please download role description here: Meet & Greet volunteer [docx] 51KB
- Phlebotomy Meet and Greet Volunteer: The Phlebotomy service in Waltham Forest runs 3 busy clinics in the North, Central and South of the borough seeing approx. 500 patients on a daily basis for blood tests. A front of house meet and greet volunteer would provide a valued enhancement to services we provide for patients having blood tests around the waltham forest patch by providing a friendly reception to all those that visit and supporting their needs prior to having the test Please download the role description here: Phlebotomy Meet and Greet Volunteer job description [docx] 52KB
- Stop Smoking Support Volunteer: Days and hours subject to agreement, minimum commitment 6 months, location: King Georges Hospital. Collecting referrals from wards, Ensuring marketing material is visible throughout hospital, Engaging with patients, staff and visitors who may wish to quit smoking. Please download role description here: Stop Smoking Support Volunteer [docx] 52KB
- Ward support role, flexible hours and days, minimum three month commitment. Locations: Thurrock Community Hospital, Mayflower Community Hospital, Brentwood Community Hospital. Chatting to patients, supporting patients to engage in activities, offering telephone support to patients on discharge. For more information, please download the role description here