A new advice line has been introduced to provide patients living with a catheter, access to care and advice to help them manage any issues they may be facing.
The advice line is for people who are:
Mobile and not housebound
Living in Barking and Dagenham, Havering and Redbridge
Have an indwelling urinary or suprapubic catheter
Aged 18 years and over.
Call the helpline for advice with:
- A blocked or bypassing catheter
- A routine change of catheter
- Changing catheter bags
- Any other questions about your catheter.
The advice line is not for:
- Patients who are housebound, and meet the criteria for the District Nursing Service.
- Patients who would normally have their catheter changed in a hospital environment i.e. for excessive bleeding.
- Those who do not have a valid NHS number.
You can access the Catheter Helpline Monday – Friday, from 9am to 5pm, on 07525313961 or 0300 3001699.
If you have a problem with your catheter after hours between 5pm and 9am and at weekends and Bank Holidays, please contact NHS 111 or attend A&E in an emergency.