The Carer Confident benchmarking scheme assists employers to build a supportive and inclusive workplace for staff who are, or will become carers and to make the most of the talents that carers can bring to the workplace.
The certificate of achievement demonstrates that NELFT has built an inclusive workplace where carers are recognised, respected and supported. We recognise the importance of retaining valued members of staff, reducing absence and unnecessary recruitment costs, and increasing staff resilience, engagement and productivity.
NELFT has been accredited the Carer Confident Active Award because of some key initiatives. The Parents and Carers Staff Network, supported by the Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Team have been a key pillar in rolling out initiatives such as:
- Carer passport
- New carers policy
- Interactive carers support guide
- Flexible working policies, including Agile Working
- Wellbeing conversations to help identify staff with caring responsibilities
- Monthly forums to discuss the challenges and rewards of providing care
- Carers UK Employers membership, providing staff with free access to the Jointly app which provides advice and practical support for carers.
If you are a carer, looking for a new role, why not come and join a supportive Trust like NELFT? You can find out about our available roles and career pathways on our dedicated recruitment website. Visit www.careers.nelft.nhs.uk.